Opportunities to contribute to Cochrane reviews in IBD
Following-on from Morris’s presentation during the research session at the Annual Meeting in Leeds, the Cochrane IBD and Functional Bowel Disorder Group is actively looking to work with any and all BSPGHAN members in completing further systematic reviews in IBD. There are lots of ways that members can contribute – including those with no experience all the way through to those with active reviews who simply need some help. If you are interested please contact Morris Gordon email@example.com
The Joint BSPGHAN / NIHR Children GHN Research Working Group
The Research Working Group (RWG) brings together BSPGHAN and the NIHR Children, Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (GHN) Clinical Studies Group. The overall aim is to protect and improve the health and well being of children and young people through fostering research in gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition. The combined nature of the group allows us to promote and facilitate a broad range of research activities – please see our Research Strategy
We trust that the site is a useful first port of call for many issues related to research in paediatric GHN in the UK. In particular, we hope that it is a useful starting place for trainees to begin or develop their career in research.
Please do help us to keep the information up-to-date by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org with any updates or new developments. Also, please do suggest any additional areas that it would be useful to cover on the site.
Professor of Paediatrics / Honorary Consultant Paediatrician, BSPGHAN Research Working Group Chair
Membership of Joint BSPGHAN / NIHR – Children Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Research Working Group; 2017
- Dr David Campbell, Consultant Paediatrician, Chair (2018 - 2021) e-mail email@example.com
- Julian Thomas, Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist. Deputy Chair, BSPGHAN Working Group representative, Nutrition
- Jayne Kranat, PPI Representative
- Sarah Moule, PPI Representative
- Sarah Sleet, Coeliac UK, Charity Representative
- Sarah Tizzard, Clinical Nurse Specialist for Paediatric Viral Hepatitis. Associate Health Professional Representative
- Nicola Ruth, Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Fellow in Paediatric Hepatology. Trainee representative
- Alastair Baker, Consultant Paediatric Hepatologist. BSPGHAN Working Group Representative – Hepatology
- Jo Brind, Cinical Nurse Specialist, BSPGHAN Working Group Representative – Motility
- Jochen Kammermeier, Clinical Research Fellow, BSPGHAN Working Group Representative – Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Simon Murch, Consultant Paediatric Gastroenterologist, BSPGHAN Working Group Representative - Coeliac disease
- Vanessa Poustie, Assistant Director, Medicines for Children Research Network, NIHR Children
Please click on link below to see the 2017 Workplan for the Research Working Group
"The Research Working Group’s activities are informed by and supportive of the RCPCH “Research and Us”: Infants’, Children’s and Young People’s Child Health Research Charter
Charities supporting BSPGHAN/NIHR Working Group. For full details on these charities please click on links below
Scottish IBD Research
The IBD Scotland research site is intended to promote awareness of research activity in Scotland. For more information please visit www.ibdscotland.org.
Digestive Disease Research Core Centers and Digestive Disease Research Development Centers
Visit their website at www.digestivediseasescenters.org.
For further information about NIHR Clinical Research Network: Children Visit the Children Specialty at https://www.crn.nihr.ac.uk/children/
Core outcome set of Date for patients with Gastroschisis – Research project led from National Perinatal Epidemiology Unit
Would you be interested in sharing your expertise, improving the quality of research, and helping to improve outcomes?
A group of researchers led from the National Perinatal Epidemiology Unit (NPEU) are developing a core outcome set for Gastroschisis, and need doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, parents and patients to help by completing three online questionnaires over the next 6 months. Each questionnaire will take less than 10 minutes to complete. We are particularly interested to get the views of the multidisciplinary medical team, including paediatric gastroenterologists and nurse specialists. We already have plenty of surgeons. We would therefore be very grateful for a small amount of your time and your expertise.
For more information and to register your interest, please go to: www.npeu.ox.ac.uk/nets/taking-part
Nigel J Hall MRCPCH FRCS PhD
Associate Professor of Paediatric Surgery | University of Southampton
Consultant Paediatric and Neonatal Surgeon | Southampton Children's Hospital
Tremona Road, Southampton, SO16 6YD
Tel: 023 8120 6146 / 6677