Founded on 22nd of September, 2005
THE NETWORK HOSPITALS
The Wessex network is a large group which includes paediatric units from
- St Mary's Hospital PORTSMOUTH
- Royal Hampshire County Hospital WINCHESTER
- Dorset County Hospital DORCHESTER
- St Richards Hospital CHICHESTER
- North Hampshire Hospital BASINGSTOKE
- Salisbury Healthcare NHS Trust SALSIBURY
- Poole General Hospital POOLE
- Frimley Park Hospital FRIMLEY PARK
- St Mary's Hospital ISLE OF WIGHT
- Guernsey Medical Specialists Groups Hospitals in GUERNSEY and JERSEY
- Royal Surrey County Hospital, GUILDFORD
- University Hospital Southampton, SOUTHAMPTON
The Wessex Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Network is a regional network of nurses, dieticians, trainee doctors, paediatricians and paediatric gastroenterologists caring for children and teenagers with bowel, nutritional and liver diseases.
If you wish to join please click 'apply for membership' with information about your current post and yourself
WESPGHAN aims to:
- Establish a Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Forum for exchange of information among professionals working and interested in paediatric gastroenterology hepatology and nutrition in the Wessex.
- Adopt best practice offering quality to patients and providing scope for professional development. This involves developing disease specific treatment guidelines, care pathways, patient information and patient involvement in care.
- Promote joint audit for evaluation continual improvement of services and care. This additionally involves promotion of research and evidence-based service development.
- Benefit our future paediatricians and professionals whilst providing a platform for social meeting.
For more information and Meetings schedules, go to our website at